Holidays are almost here and your plans are probably in place by now. The destination has been decided, tickets have been booked and activities have also been charted out. Traveling with the family is not just the best way to unwind, but it is also a great way to connect and enjoy new experiences together.
As much as planning the vacation is important, it is crucial to plan your trip when your travel mates are your kids. A handy checklist will keep all your stress at bay, keeping a tab on all the necessary things during travel – just about what every parent needs!
PACKING FOR THE DAYS TO COME:
It is a good idea to carry another bag or a small suitcase for your child. Older kids especially love to wheel their suitcases and taking responsibility of their bags. Teach your kids to assemble and put together their stuff in advance. Let them make a list and get things ready. Not only will it make them independent and confident, but it will be easy for you as a parent to handle things during the travel
1. Bathroom kit: a tooth brush, toothpaste, shampoo, a travel size liquid wash for any washing requirement
2. Apparels: Usually 1 set per day is enough, innerwear, night suits and socks. Depending on the place you are travelling to, climate specific clothes need to be packed. Don't forget to keep Warm wear for cold places, beach wear for beaches, umbrellas or raincoats.
3. Diaper Bag and Diaper essentials for babies & infants - A set of Diaper pants, wipes and a good and effective Diaper Rash cream or a gel to avoid untimely rashes and troubles
4. Baby Accessories: Hair clips, comb, body lotion, sunscreen, moisturizer, soap, sun glasses, hats, footwear including home slippers.
5. A medicine kit with all necessary medicines, colic, anti-motion sickness and first aid, masks & sanitizers.
6. Chargers for your gadgets
Transit can be quite taxing and a boring time for kids, especially waiting time at airports and train stations. Make sure you have all the listed things within reach, depending on your transit time and child’s age and requirements.
- ID cards, Passport
- Travel mini board games
- Books & Toys
- Snacks & Munchies
- Compact stroller for toddlers
- Dry and wet tissues & Small handy towels
- Entertainment gadgets like iPad, MP3 player for music loving kids
- Activity books, colour pencils, crayons, Rubic’s cube or anything your child loves to be busy with.
- Small garbage bags
- Masks & Sanitizers.
FOR CAR TRAVEL:
To survive long road trips with kids make sure you have all the car travel essentials in place. Some of them could be:
- Munchies, snacks & milk
- Car Pillow & Car seat
- Anti-vomit medications
- Blankets & Throws
- Reusable cups & water bottles
- Extra Diapers, a Diaper Rash cream & some wipes
Don’t forget to take a walk with your children, stopping mid way to watch sunsets, indulging in a low budget shopping spree at the airport or reading travel brochures together. These are the best memories they will have and it might last for a life time! Preparing yourself well for travel can make holidaying a pleasurable time for not just you but for your child as well.